The Cathedral Church of Christ Marina, Lagos is an Anglican cathedral in Lagos Island, Lagos, Nigeria.The foundation stone for the first cathedral building was laid on 29 March 1867 and the cathedral was established in 1869.
Cathedral Church of Christ Marina, Address: 29 Marina, Lagos Island, Lagos.
Phone: + 234 (0) 12630027
Archdeaconry: Cathedral Church of Christ, Lago
Construction of the current building to designs by architect Bagan Benjamin started on 1 November 1924. The foundation stone was laid by the Prince of Wales (later King Edward VIII) on 21 April 1925. It was completed in 1946.
In 1976 the relics of Rev Dr Samuel Ajayi Crowther, a former Yoruba slave who became the first African bishop in the Anglican Church, were translated to the cathedral. There is a cenotaph erected as a memorial of him.
It is popularly known as the Cathedral Church of Christ Marina, is the oldest Anglican cathedral in the Church of Nigeria. At various times in its history, the cathedral was the seat of the archbishop of the Province of West Africa, the seat of the archbishop and primate of All Nigeria and the seat of the archbishop of the Ecclesiastical Province of Lagos. It is currently the seat of the Bishop of Lagos.